Friday, January 7, 2011

Disappearance from CollegeConfidential

Some of you may have noticed I've disappeared from CollegeConfidential. It's unfortunate, and it wasn't my choice. Apparently, they have a policy of blocking any user who lists a personal blog as a resource in answer to a question.

It's particularly unfortunate because it seems my advice has been helpful and filling a need. When I started this blog, I never expected to get a lot of traffic out of it. Then suddenly, I was inundated with messages asking for the link, and my visitors swelled - from 14 visitors per day, to 50, to 320. I received message after message from students and parents telling me that the information I was sharing was valuable, and not something they'd succeeded at finding elsewhere.

But now, all the links to this blog on CollegeConfidential are gone.

If you try to google for this blog, it's highly unlikely you'll find it. That's because it's new and not optimized in the search results. So, I'll work on that.

In the meantime, if you've bookmarked it, or saved it in your history and are visiting again, feel free to share the link with anyone who would find it helpful. If you'd like to repost some of this content in a school newsletter or on a website please feel free to do so as long as you provide proper attribution.

And if you need to contact me directly, please email mss9902 AT gmail DOT com.

No comments:

Post a Comment